The vision for Ipswich in Prayer, since its beginning in 2000 has been;
- To raise the profile and commitment to prayer
- To unite the Church in Ipswich in prayer
- To see God transform the town through prayer
Across Ipswich there are many individuals, small groups and churches praying. Our aim is to serve the praying community in Ipswich, recognising our common purpose as together we pray, “Your Kingdom come, your will be done”.
We now have contact with over 20 churches across Ipswich and the surrounding area. Our hope is to link with as many churches as possible to build this network of prayer.
What we do
- Connecting locally, regionally, nationally and globally
- Seeking, discerning and sharing God’s word for the town at this time
- Calling God’s people to prayer at strategic times
- Praying across denominations, generations and nations
- Facilitating, teaching and training
- Encouraging a culture of love, respect and blessing
Would you like to be included in our mailing list?
We would love to be able to send you updates and information on what is happening. If you would like to join our mailing list then either;
- Get in touch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Use the contact form on the web site www.ipswichinprayer.co.uk
The IIP team
Ipswich in Prayer is for everyone, and your involvement is very welcome.
There is currently a team of three facilitators, Liz Beaton, Judith Mason and Phil Stollery.
There is also an accountability group representing a range of mainstream churches. This currently includes Revd Heather Marsden (Rushmere Baptist Church), Revd Nick Atkins (Churches of St Matthews, All Saints and Triangle: Church of England), Right Revd Mike Harrison (Bishop of Dunwich), and Pastor Harold Afflu (Ipswich International Church: Elim)