Christian Aid has a vision – an end to poverty – and it believes that vision can become a reality. It provides urgent, practical and effective assistance where need is great, tackling the effects of poverty as well as its root causes.
Our local work involves encouraging and supporting people across the Eastern Region to engage in giving, prayer and practical actions for the world’s poorest in response to Jesus’ call to “proclaim good news to the poor, proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free” (Luke 4:18).
What do we do?
Our partners work in over 40 countries around the world with people affected by hunger, poverty and disasters. We seek to bring relief and development and to stand up for the rights of people affected.
Why we do it
We are the agency of our churches in Britain and Ireland and are mandated to work on relief, development and advocacy for poverty eradication. Christian Aid’s work is founded on Christian faith, inspired by hope and acts to change an unjust world through charity – practical love and care for our neighbours.
How can you be involved?
We want to support you in your giving, acting and praying for people in poverty. Some ways in which you can get involved:-
- prayer diary with us. You can read our latest
- Access weekly worship resources based on the Lectionary and sign up to get this to your inbox every week
- Become a Church Contact for Christian Aid in your church
- Get involved with Christian Aid Week
- Invite a speaker to come so you can hear about our work, how you can get involved in the work of reaching out to people in poverty and campaigning
- Discover different ways to give and encourage others in your church to do so
- Hold fundraising events, a church collection, Big Brekkie and church services, and we’ve got lots of inspiring ideas
- Use our schools materials
- Join your local Christian Aid group and become a collector during Christian Aid week – email us to find your local rep, giving your postcode
- Develop your skills by becoming a Christian Aid Ambassador or teacher
Our volunteer and staff speakers would love to introduce you to our work and encourage supporters
Meet the local staff team
We’re here to help!
- Julian Bryant, Regional Coordinator Norfolk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pam Richardson, Regional Coordinator Cambridgeshire and Legacies email@example.com
- Simon Snell, Regional Coordinator Suffolk and Church Engagement Project Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Howes, Office Coordinator email@example.com
We also have a number of fantastic volunteers who work in the office, teach in schools, speak during Christian Aid Week and help with media and events.
Our local East of England office is based at:
The Kings Centre
Norwich NR1 1PH
Tel: 01603 620051