L’Arche is one of an international federation of 143 faith-based communities. Founded in 2006, L’Arche Ipswich has grown to four properties with a range of options to meet a range of needs among people with learning disabilities. In a competitive world, L’Arche is a place where all involved can learn the qualities of co-operation, good care for each person and explore all that makes us fully human.
Although grounded in the Christian tradition, L’Arche communities welcome people of all faiths and none: our vision is a world where all belong.
We support a wide range of people with learning disabilities in our Supported Living Services.
We are looking for a Garden Team Co-ordinator who:
- is passionate about gardening and helping others to garden
- is flexible, enthusiastic, creative and patient.
- will work in accordance with the values of L’Arche, where each person is valued and encouraged to build relationships with one another, and to develop their own potential for growth.
The role involves:
- creating and running a garden project where the volunteers and core members (those with learning disabilities) are central and involved
- being accountable for the running of the project in a safe, inclusive and productive fashion, including supervision of volunteers and core members, and meeting regulatory requirements
- contributing to shaping the vision of the project together with the core members, volunteers and assistants, and others within the L’Arche Ipswich community.
What we offer:
- 28 days paid holiday pro rata (including bank holidays) given in the first year, rising to 33 days in the second year
- Training and induction given on commencement in post.
You must be prepared to work with a level of flexibility.
If you feel you have the passion and drive to join our team, please contact Emily Nunn via email: email@example.com for more information and an application pack.
Successful applicants will be subject to 3 references and a fully enhanced DBS. Confirmation in post is also dependent on successful completion of the probationary period and all required training.