Each year The Salvation Army has what it calls the #BigCollection which directly supports The Salvation Army’s work.
100% of money raised is used to care for people who are vulnerable or in need.
• Supporting men, women and families who are experiencing homelessness
• Running care homes and day centres for older people
• Reuniting families through its Family Tracing Service
• Training and advising people looking for sustained employment
• Providing a place of safety for adult victims of modern slavery
Volunteers collect door-to-door and also outside certain supermarkets mainly during the month of September but also at other times of the year.
Please look out for them and give them a cash donation if you can.