Liz Beaton from Ipswich in Prayer has written this prayer for the current times…
Help us to keep our eyes lifted above the horizon of this day, in your hope and promises, not to lose sight of you.
Help us to keep our minds, our thoughts fixed on Jesus, trusting completely in him, even when uncertainty is all around us.
Help us to keep our feet running – or even walking when we have little strength, towards the goal.
Help us to keep our arms enfolding, even in times when human contact is scarce, and our hands helping where we can.
Help us to keep our hearts pure, knowing your heart is to bless and comfort us when we feel overwhelmed.
Help us to be so seeking you, trusting you and rejoicing in you that we will be able to say, at the end of this day, “It is well with my soul”.
And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will be its glory within.’
– Our health workers and those on the front line of dealing with this virus
– Family, friends and neighbours
– The peace of God to overcome the spirit of fear
– A loving response to each other’s needs
– Those who are working in research areas
– Those making decisions and advising the government
– Church leaders, Town Pastors and Christian decision makers
– Care workers caring for the elderly
– The sick, vulnerable, elderly and very young
Giving thanks for God’s love –
“I have loved you with an everlasting love” Jeremiah 31:3
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.