Will you help reach out in current and new ways to introduce individuals and families into a living relationship with the Lord Jesus? Do you seek to deepen faith and discipleship by showing and telling others of the relevance of Jesus to their lives?
An evangelical Minister is sought for Southagte Church, Bury St Edmunds who will work with the Church Administrator (part-time), Family & Community Worker (full-time) and many volunteers including the Leadership Team to:
- Discern what are God’s priorities as Southgate Church continues to serve its local community of 5,000+ individuals and local schools
- build on existing ways but listen also to what God is calling Southgate Church to and to equip itself for those changes
- Provide a fresh pair of eyes and experience, especially when introducing changes
- Deepen Southgate Church’s relationship with God via prayer, preaching, leading services & bible studies; sharing those tasks with some members who have such gifts
- Grow relationships in and with the community and balance the needs of church members and attendees at church events
- Lead in a collaborative style to help others develop their skills/gifts
A family home in the area is available.
Does this journey appeal to you? Find out more by visiting the church website here.
Southagte Church is a single congregation LEP and the Minister must be ordained either in the Church of England, URC or Baptist Denomination.
It is a genuine occupational requirement for the Minister to be a committed Christian and disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ.
For an informal discussion please contact Stuart Lowe, Chair of Trustees by first phoning or e‐mailing Jackie Tooley, Administrator
01284 703705 / [email protected]
Applications should be made on the form available from Jackie or via the website here and
returned by 10th October 2020.
Interview Date: 21st October 2020
Southgate Church, Bury St. Edmunds Suffolk is a Local Ecumenical Partnership between the Church of England, the United Reformed Church and the Baptist Union of Great Britain and is registered Charity no.1115737 and a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5815695